India Autism Center (IAC) brought in International Women's Day an interactive session for the audience at our Roundtable Conversation with Jeeja Ghosh, Dr. Sarmishtha Chakrabarti, and Smita Sharma on the 6th of March, 2020.
at IAC we will not only continue this conversation for women with a disability but also, ACT ON IT.
It was enlightening to hear Jeeja Ghosh Nag's challenges and her achievements, Dr. Sarmistha Chakrabarti's insights on dealing with stigmatization and really helping mothers to self-love and care for themselves first to make a difference in their child's life after, Smita Sharma on how the programs are differently curated at our daycare center for young girls (Amrit Somani Memorial Centre - Behavioral Intervention) from something as important as putting on a sanitary napkin to working in an office setting, Mrs. Debjani Roy for sharing her vision as a special parent of a girl child and lastly, Mrs. Namita Somani for sharing her notes on employment and continued advocacy.
The wave of feminism must never forget disabled women, share your voice for those who cannot effectively do so, not just on women's day, but every single day.
Read more about the discussion here:
1. The Telegraph - https://www.telegraphindia.com/…/disabled-women…/cid/1751682
2. Aajkal Patrika - article attached below
3. Navbharat Times Online - Emphasis on gender equality and inclusion of the disabled
4. Anandabazar Patrika - article attached below
5. India CSR Network - https://indiacsr.in/csr-ratnabali-group-coming-up-with-52…/…